|Tour de France
Armstrong takes TT; Beloki fights off strong ride by Rumsas
Lance Armstrong increased his overall lead in the Tour de France after winning the 19th and penultimate stage, a 50km individual time trial from Regnie-Durette to here on Saturday.
Armstrong, who held a 5min 06sec lead over Spaniard Joseba Beloki prior to the stage, now rides into Paris for Sunday's final 20th stage with a 7:17 lead over the ONCE rider.
Beloki's main concern was trying to keep Lithuanian Raimondas Rumsas from stealing his second place overall, however he did enough to retain a one-minute lead over the Lampre rider.
Armstrong, who picked up his fourth stage win of the race and 15th overall, was the biggest winner of the day.
1. Lance Armstrong (USA), U.S. Postal, at 78:34:25.
2. Joseba Beloki (Spa), ONCE, at 07:17.
3. Raimondas Rumsas (Lit), Lampre-Daikin, at 08:17.
4. Santiago Botero (Col), Kelme-Costa Blanca, at 13:10.
5. Igor Gonzalez Galdeano (Spa), ONCE, at 13:54.
6. Jose Azevedo (Por), ONCE, at 15:44.
7. Francisco Mancebo (Spa), iBanesto.com, at 16:05.
8. Levi Leipheimer (USA), Rabobank, at 17:11.
9. Roberto Heras (Spa), U.S. Postal, at 17:18.
10. Carlos Sastre (Spa), CSC-Tiscali, at 19:05.
Tomorrow's stage is a largely ceremonial ride into Paris with a mass sprint at the end. Lance will let the sprinters play and then he will do the victory lap. Four in a row! Five? Stay tuned next year.