|burke & james undone
I went down to the dungeon last night (that's where my little workstation is) and started cleaning my 5x7 Burke & James. I lost control and it's now all apart (not that there is much to take apart.) It was kind of a dirty green color when it should have been gray. I started with windex but it turns out that steel wool was the answer. I clean it with a #1 or #0 (I can't remember which and I'm not going down to the dungeon to find out) and then finish with #0000. It takes off a little of the loose paint off but it is now becoming a nice gray again. There are a few screws loose and a few screws missing (I can relate to that) that I need to take care of. It will need a new handle and a latch for the folded frame. The "new" 5x7 back came in. It needs a little fitting and repair work but I want to focus first on getting the 4x5 Graflok back mounted on the extra back. I've got plans for this camera!