The Zorki Standard is done for now.
Friday night I was headed for my local drugstore to pick up my test roll from the Zorki Standard Rat Cam when I ran into Blaine. We talked about the little Zorki. I voiced my concern on how to cover the shutter mechanism and he suggested making a little flat pattern and cutting it out of a soft drink or beer can. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I used to draw flat patterns for a living at Boeing many years ago.
Yesterday I took some measurements off the camera and this morning I fired up my little CAD program and developed the flat pattern. I cut a practice cover out of regular paper. It all fit.
I went for the quick solution and cut the final cover out of stiffer Epson photo paper. I folded it up and covered it with gaffer's tape. It took a little fiddling. The hole had to be enlarged to 3/8" (I used a leather punch) and the legs had to be trimmed down a little. The white stripe is a piece of duct tape.
I redid the gaffer's tape on the top deck and fitted the viewfinders. Everything cleared.
I have some Tri-X arriving Tuesday from B&H. Oh yes, the test roll came out great. The shutter is working as it should. I did a couple of series at f11 and f5.6 with the 1-50 and J12 at the different distances. The focus was on for all but the 1-50 at 3 feet and f5.6. It's ready to go.